Monday 24 January 2011

Weight Loss Time!


I had been thinking for a while to go on a diet as I don’t think there is any excuse for this "baby weight" anymore as my daughter is 14 months old now! I didn’t gain a whole lot of weight during pregnancy, up until my last couple of months and most of that was, and still is on my belly. Have you ever felt like you have gained weight but it has creeped up on you and then one day you see a picture of yourself and think "Is that me?!" – well I am a bridesmaid at my friends wedding in August and I want to look (and feel) fabulous.
Well last week I was browsing some of my favourite blogs when I came across this
Wow – I cannot believe the results she got in, like 5 weeks. A lot of what she was saying made sense to me and something clicked. "I can do that!" So I made a CLEAN meal plan and ordered all of my food shopping on Tuesday online. I thought maybe if I avoided getting it from the supermarket and just order what I need then maybe the temptation won’t be as great. I have bought some digital scales and will weigh myself weekly, but knowing me In will probably get a bit obsessed and do it daily.
On Thursday night we had our first Clean meal of steamed fish and vegetable and it wasn’t so bad either. I think the hardest thing for me is Diet Coke and chocolate. I could drink Diet Coke DAY AND NIGHT and today I am missing it – but haven’t given in to temptation.
I have been dropping a pound a day since Friday which I am guessing is water to begin and I am sure when things settle down the weight loss will regulate itself. I was actually surprised at how quickly these first couple of pounds have shifted as I have a condition called PCOS which makes (in my case) weight loss difficult, paired with an underactive thyroid – although I will probably talk more about that on another post. I haven’t taken any measurements but I probably will this week and I don’t want to frighten anyone with my "Before" picture but let’s see how it goes.
I gotta tell you though I am having some crazy headaches which from what I have read are caused by the release of the toxins from my body during detox (scary huh). Although I am eating well and eating around 6 smaller meals a day and just drinking water and herbal tea I think it is a shock to the system.
 
Now completely random cuteness.....



Bye for now,
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment