Wednesday 22 September 2010

A sick baby is a sad one

I got a call in work on Monday afternoon from Eden's nursery. It was the manager saying not to panic but Eden had come out in a rash all over and had been very upset. I was surprised she had a rash, but not surprised they called as she had been having trouble shaking off a constant cold for a few weeks on and off.

So I went along and collected her and took her to the doctors. It turns out she has the start of an ear and throat infection.. poor baby :(




It looks like the constant colds have been a result of her body trying to fight off the infection, however it has finally won which makes for a very sad, clingy, fretful little girl. On the plus, it will do wonders for her immune system.

Last night was a bad night, she didn't settle well, threw up all over the bed, and got very upset. If I could take the sickness away I would but not much I can do for her apart from give cuddles.

The rash came out in full force today, apparently the infection coming out. Where giving her antibiotics twice a day and the doctor says she should start picking up within a day or two..

I hope so, I miss my happy baby.

Nite,
Shel x

3 comments:

  1. Aww I hope she's better soon, it's not right that they be ill at that age. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when they are sick!! Poor little girl! Kingston had a double ear infection a couple of weeks back and he became a different baby so I know what you mean by saying you want your baby back!! I hope she feels better soon. No fun for her and no fun for mommy!!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor baby!! That last picture is almost heartbreaking! Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete