Friday 27 August 2010

Squirrels and stuff



I couldn't write on one blog post all of the stuff that my daughter gets up to in a day. As every day is different, and every day she amazes me in some new way whether it be a new expression, or learning a new skill it's all so exciting and I can never take my eyes of her.

Lately her sheer rate of growth has amazed me most. I am now looking at buying her new clothes and looking at them thinking "that's way to long" however when I try it on her - fit's like a glove and my word, the amount of clothes she goes through it astonishing. I have purposely started putting her in things slightly too big so that she gets some wear out of them and we have bin bags of nearly new stuff stored away.

Today I took her over to the local park, not really taking into consideration the fact that it is the Summer holidays and all the kids are off school.... que a million stressed out parents trying to entertain the family!

The park has a LOT of squirrels and this one came over to say hello to Eden, although I don't think she knew what to make of it!:

"You talkin to me?"


I have the cutest view in the world when I walk my daughter ;=)

It was like mums at war to get your child on the baby swing. Can you believe there are only 2 baby swings? Every time I went to put Eden on it another mother would run to beat me to it....pretty childish if you ask me.... we made do with lot's of other fun things as swings aren't the be all and end all.









Her sleep habits are still causing problems. She was totally wiped out in her buggy on the way home but refused to fall asleep instead choosing to be super cranky. Back home, I spent an hour in her room trying to get her to nap in her cot but she was having none of it, she just wanted to touch my face and lie with me. My motherly instinct tells me to go with it and let her lie with me, but then my mind tells me she needs to learn that she can fall asleep on her own, with out using me as a sleep aid.

...I gave in after an hour and she got her own way.....



再見
Shel x

No comments:

Post a Comment